1983 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

1983 Graham

Post by DRT »

A bottle supplied by Uncle Tom and consumed at The Crusting Pipe on 20 Nov 07 at this Offline.

This was my first memory of having the G83 - decanted 7 hours - a fabulous Christmas Pudding aroma that was so typically Graham's. A lovely thick mouthfeel with the usual abundance of plummy fruits. This bottle was in a perfect drinking window but still showing a grippy tannic dryness that says it's got a while to go before its peak. A beautiful drink for a cold winter night.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: 1983 Graham's Vintage Port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Derek T. wrote:A bottle supplied by Uncle Tom and consumed at The Crusting Pipe on 20 Nov 07 at this Offline.

This was my first memory of having the G83...
Ehem. Perhaps I can help to fill in a gap in your memory...

Were we really that forgetful when we volunteered to keep you company that lonely night in London?

Alex

Footnote to other readers - please ensure that whenever you meet Derek in London in the future you bring a bottle of Grahams '83. Derek will be delighted with it as he clearly has a weak spot in his memory for this particular vintage port.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

:oops: :oops:

...and the bottle that Tom put on Death Row after reading my TN is the very one we drank on Tuesday night :lol: :lol:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn