1977 Graham

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

1977 Graham

Post by mosesbotbol »

DRT Admin: The first three posts in this thread were copied from this TN in order to allow both bottles to appear in the TN Index.

I just opened a bottle for tonight, it was imported locally to my locale in Boston. The initial pop and pour was actually quite sweet with much less heat than expected. Cork was really tight. Using the Durand was a mistake! Will be drinking the bottle in 8 hours over a friends' house. Leaving it in the decanter until we head off.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
mosesbotbol

Re: 1977 Graham

Post by mosesbotbol »

'77 Grahams has been poured back into the bottle and we are heading off shortly. Not sure what I am bringing for a dry wine.
mosesbotbol

Re: 1977 Graham

Post by mosesbotbol »

LGTrotter wrote:Even the end of this bottle ain't too spirity. Big apple nose now.

And where's the tasting note for the next bottle? I am still crying myself to sleep and I am tired of a pillow wet with tears.
The spirit showed itself after 8 hours yet was smooth. I found this vintage a little on the flabby side. Not as good as 80-85 Grahams, but I'd put this on the top 3rd for the '77 vintage.