2005 Quinta do Passadouro

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

2005 Passadouro VP

Post by Axel P »

Right at opening the bottle it showed the typical Passadouro wine-ish touch in the nose. I like that, but it is not really what you expect from a VP.

3hrs +
Very glooming red with nice reflexes. Structure of medium to good weight. In the nose rasberries, cassis, liquorice, spices, very good. The wine-touch dissapeared. On the palate all the necessary elements were there: tannins, alcohol and loads of fruit (real liquorice, red berries). Not integrated yet.

Acutally my plan was to leave some in the decanter to see how it developes in time, but I couldn't resist... Luckily Jorge Borges gave me two half bottles on my last visit to Passadouro, so I will try again soon.

This is a very good 2005 VP a much better Passadouro VP than the 2004. As one might get a hand on it for a decent price, I would suggest to go for it. It will definitely have a medium+ ageing potential.

I already contacted Jorge again for having him shipped a couple of cases as there is no german importer in the vicinity, so any german who likes to share, should contact me.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com