2007 Offley LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
PopulusTremula
Warre’s Traditional LBV

2007 Offley LBV

Post by PopulusTremula »

Popped first bottle of a case kindly arranged by jdaw.

Colour is dark purple and opaque. Very enticing nose with dark fruit, spices, wood and a lovely hit of brandy robustness. On the palate the dark fruit and spice theme continues. The initial sweet fruit is followed by nice warmth and then some noticeable tannins and acidity which leaves the palate wanting more. This is a really enjoyable LBV, well balanced and probably one of the better of this kind of port I've had. This will age and is still on an upward slope in terms of quality. Not sure I can keep my hands off the remaining bottles though.

Tremendous value and a really pleasant LBV. 89 points for now with a potential for 1 or 2 points more. Thanks again to jdaw.

(as an aside I opened this shortly after finishing a 2008 Graham LBV, which left me severely underwhelmed. I found it rather flabby and lacking in balance)