1970 Croft

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1970 Croft

Post by PhilW »

From a recent auction purchase of a case shared with DJ. Case had been previously unopened, bottles still in sleeves. Of the bottles in my half, 5 were in good condition; one had obviously leaked on the sleeve, the capsule had disintegrated, the cork appeared slightly depressed and the level was mid-shoulder; I set this bottle aside for "immediate" drinking, and opened it tonight.

Started drinking at D+2, this is as good a Cr70 as I have ever had; absolutely superb, in stunning condition, fully mature yet wuth delicious fruit and a strong firm backbone I would normally have associated with an F70. High praise and high hopes for the rest of the case. Lovely, lovely, lovely port.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 1970 Croft

Post by djewesbury »

PhilW wrote:From a recent auction purchase of a case shared with DJ. Case had been previously unopened, bottles still in sleeves. Of the bottles in my half, 5 were in good condition; one had obviously leaked on the sleeve, the capsule had disintegrated, the cork appeared slightly depressed and the level was mid-shoulder; I set this bottle aside for "immediate" drinking, and opened it tonight.

Started drinking at D+2, this is as good a Cr70 as I have ever had; absolutely superb, in stunning condition, fully mature yet wuth delicious fruit and a strong firm backbone I would normally have associated with an F70. High praise and high hopes for the rest of the case. Lovely, lovely, lovely port.
How fantastic! There was one 'drink soon' in my half-case too, so I look forward to 'testing' it imminently!
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...