1985 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
DaveRL
Quinta do Noval LBV

1985 Taylor

Post by DaveRL » 18:51 Sun 16 Aug 2015

Pop and pour (I know) when a Sunday lunch guest suggested brandy of which I have none. Immediate success. Inviting warm red fruits strawberry and red currant on the nose. Strawberry and red currant, mouth watering balanced acidity, finishing long with red liquorice. Over a couple of hours the red liquorice softens as the wine takes on weight. First of a recent auction batch which bodes well, in a very good place with ample scope to improve.

AHB
Fonseca 1970

Re: 1985 Taylor

Post by AHB » 13:30 Mon 17 Aug 2015

DaveRL wrote:Pop and pour (I know) when a Sunday lunch guest suggested brandy of which I have none. Immediate success. Inviting warm red fruits strawberry and red currant on the nose. Strawberry and red currant, mouth watering balanced acidity, finishing long with red liquorice. Over a couple of hours the red liquorice softens as the wine takes on weight. First of a recent auction batch which bodes well, in a very good place with ample scope to improve.
And a perfect port to wean a brandy drinker off what he believes is his preferred tipple.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Taylor 2010 LBV
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908