1994 Quinta do Vesuvio

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

1994 Quinta do Vesuvio

Post by jdaw1 »

An Emergency, at the Boot & Flogger, on Monday 21st September 2015. Just four of us: JDAW, DRT, THRA, and SCD (who had started his introduction thread only the day before).

Links:
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: 1994 Vesuvio

Post by Doggett »

This as my contribution to the fantastic evening. Every time I have had the V94 I feel that I have enjoyed the port before it's prime but enjoy it I did. It had a wonderful deep colouring, with a thinning rim. Bold berry fruits and a long smooth finish. I am a huge fine of this port and it didn't disappoint me, and seemed to be enjoyed by all. I am afraid I hadn't read the thread about the bottle numbers until after the evening and didn't capture it. Maybe one of my companions did?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1994 Vesuvio

Post by jdaw1 »

V94. Red with a hint of purple, 80% opaque. Big port, youthful—too young—Port, of mid-sweetness with lots of berries. My guess was worse than wrong: it was obviously wrong before we were told the answer. And we should have known.