75@40

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: 75@40

Post by Doggett »

Having looked through the posts, I don't think you are missing anyone unless you or Wolfgang are bring a guest that isn't listed.

The only question mark is Daniel who has stated that it maybe unlikely he can attend...
Daniel - can you confirm?
ProfS
Cheap Ruby

Post by ProfS »

Hi,
Wild mushrooms on toast and the chargrilled sirloin steak (medium rare) with peppercorn sauce please.
Looking forward to meeting those of you who will be there.
Steve
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

Apologies for being a bit slow but my order is a as follows:

Potted Shrimp on granary etc
Sirloin steak (medium rare) with the chips plus side order of the peas and beans
Dessert tbd on the night

Can someone confirm what I am supposed to be bring (I am assuming the OBV and T)? I mentioned at the last meeting that I have secured a bottle of S75 although I won't know its condition until I pick it up tomorrow. Happy to include this within the tasting (if it proves in reasonable condition).

Any bottles that I m am bringing will arrive decanted and given that a colleague has coerced me into attending part of a meeting means that my likely eta won't be before 6.30pm.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Current draft of the food order has been updated. Still missing Dirk and Marco and Tom and Tony, and maybe Daniel. Daniel—are you coming?

Doggett wrote:Having looked through the posts, I don't think you are missing anyone unless you or Wolfgang are bring a guest that isn't listed.
Thank you for checking.

idj123 wrote:Can someone confirm what I am supposed to be bring (I am assuming the OBV and T)? I mentioned at the last meeting that I have secured a bottle of S75 although I won't know its condition until I pick it up tomorrow. Happy to include this within the tasting (if it proves in reasonable condition).

Any bottles that I m am bringing will arrive decanted and given that a colleague has coerced me into attending part of a meeting means that my likely eta won't be before 6.30pm.
Tom needs to reply, and he hasn’t been answering my PMs.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Sorry all, was hoping to make it along still but with the list of commitments I now have that week I can't make it along - see most of you on Thursday week at the White Horse.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

As we are now merely twelve, I have invited a non-industry guest.

Edit: that space is again free — already committed.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

If I was to find my self in London next Tuesday would there be space for me? I do have a McKenzie 75 although I have always wanted to open it alongside my McKenzie 55 so I may need to adopt if the answer is positive. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

benread wrote:If I was to find my self in London next Tuesday would there be space for me? I do have a McKenzie 75 although I have always wanted to open it alongside my McKenzie 55 so I may need to adopt if the answer is positive. Thank you.
On Tom’s behalf, yes, you are in. Please post a food order.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Truffle mac & cheese followed by the gammon with black pudding.

Please tell me if I am just contributing to costs or if my pair of McKenzies should be prepared?

Thank you.

Ben
-------
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

benread wrote:Truffle mac & cheese followed by the gammon with black pudding.
In a PM (insert obvious) forest26 wrote:Crab toast with chilli, fennel and avocado

Chargrilled sirloin steak 220g (medium rare) with hand-cut chips and grilled tomato Peas and beans with mint lemon and butter
Added to the current draft of the food order.
benread wrote:Please tell me if I am just contributing to costs or if my pair of McKenzies should be prepared?
Don’t know. Tom to pronounce. Hopefully soon.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Tom: are you coming? How are you transporting many bottles? When will you arrive? With what bottles? And what do you want to eat?
Panic not! - plan to drive into town on Saturday and drop off a load of bottles, and then come down around midday on Tuesday to get things sorted.

Thanks for sorting the food order - usual lump of cow preceded by pate will suffice..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

uncle tom wrote:a load of bottles
Any clues as to which? We are thirteen people, and Ian can bring Offley and Taylor, but only if told, and Ben can bring Mackenzie 1975 and 1955, but only if told. Please instruct!

uncle tom wrote:Thanks for sorting the food order - usual lump of cow preceded by pate will suffice..
And peppercorn sauce? Because that is what I guessed. Any food order from the Niepoorts?
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

uncle tom wrote:plan to drive into town on Saturday and drop off a load of bottles
Tom, could you please bring the three bottles of Krohn 1965 that you have for me to be left at the B&F? I will try to get your 2 bottles of Ck77 there in time for you to collect on the day of the 75 tasting.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
forest26
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by forest26 »

Hi Tom

I think I volunteered some time ago to bring Sandeman. Can you confirm that this is still needed?
Looking forward to the event.
Tony
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

I think I volunteered some time ago to bring Sandeman. Can you confirm that this is still needed?
Yes indeed thanks Tony

I will be delivering twelve of the thirteen bottles I listed on the opening post tomorrow, the exception being the Taylor, where we have a choice of sources.

I can supply a Taylor from a proven stash with good level for £35 - if that betters the alternate offer, I'll bring the bottle down on the day.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Tom: please list the twelve you are bringing.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Tom. Let me know if you would like my McKenzie brothers on parade. My only caveat is that I promised them that when the time comes they would go to the grave together!

Ben
-------
uncle tom

Post by uncle tom »

Let me know if you would like my McKenzie brothers on parade. My only caveat is that I promised them that when the time comes they would go to the grave together!
Sounds like fun to me - what do others think?
please list the twelve you are bringing.
These are being taken down shortly:

Cálem
Cockburn
Croft
Delaforce
Dow
Fonseca
Gould Campbell
Graham
Niepoort
Noval
Smith Woodhouse
Warre

The Taylor can travel down with me on the day if needed.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

uncle tom wrote:These are being taken down shortly:

Cálem
Cockburn
Croft
Delaforce
Dow
Fonseca
Gould Campbell
Graham
Niepoort
Noval
Smith Woodhouse
Warre
Twelve: thank you.
idj123 wrote:Can someone confirm what I am supposed to be bring (I am assuming the OBV and T)?
Yes please: IDJ to bring Offley and Taylor. Please confirm that this will happen.
forest26 wrote:I think I volunteered some time ago to bring Sandeman. Can you confirm that this is still needed?
Yes please: TC to bring Sandeman. Please confirm that this will happen.
Doggett wrote:the bonus bottle for the placemats that I am bringing along with his approval? It will be a Niepoort 1957 colheita
Yes please: SCD to bring the Niepoort 1957 colheita. Please confirm that this will happen.
benread wrote:I do have a McKenzie 75 although I have always wanted to open it alongside my McKenzie 55
Two unusual bottles, at least one excellent, both to be saved for another day. Thank you, but not this time.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

The Niepoort 57 colheita can confirm it's attendance on Tuesday.... Looking forward to it.

Tom - I am free all day to help set up. Let me know what time on Tuesday to come along? I shall just be enjoying the delights of borough market late morning, so happy to start the set up whenever you are ready.

Simon
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

WS1 wrote:same here; will try to come and would bring Quarles Harris.
Wolfgang: please confirm still bringing QH75.
WS1
Cruz 1989

Post by WS1 »

jdaw1 wrote:
WS1 wrote:same here; will try to come and would bring Quarles Harris.
Wolfgang: please confirm still bringing QH75.
confirmed; will bring to the B&F tomorrow

regards

WS1
"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough"
Mark Twain
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

idj123 wrote:Can someone confirm what I am supposed to be bring (I am assuming the OBV and T)?
Yes please: IDJ to bring Offley and Taylor. Please confirm that this will happen.

This will happen-have located said bottles (as part of an overall cataloging of the bottles I retain at home-which incidentally resulted in that SW85 I knew I had turning up!). These are primed and ready to be decanted. As mentioned in an earlier post, I also have a 75cl bottle of S75 that I collected the other day and can report that the seal and fill level are both good. I note that Tony may be supplying although my understanding that this was in magnum format and so happy to provide this as well (since it was secured in part with this tasting in mind). Will need to know soonest since I will be decanting tomorrow am.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

idj123 wrote:I also have a 75cl bottle of S75 that I collected the other day and can report that the seal and fill level are both good. I note that Tony may be supplying although my understanding that this was in magnum format and so happy to provide this as well (since it was secured in part with this tasting in mind).
Assume that Tony is bringing the Sandeman 1975 and hence that you aren’t. And if Tony’s S75 happens to be a magnum, well, it’s a hard life.
forest26
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by forest26 »

Hi Guys
Confirm I will bring S75 (mag)
Looking forward to tomorrow.
Cheers

Tony