1988 Smith Woodhouse Madelena

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

1988 Smith Woodhouse Madelena

Post by LGTrotter »

Opened to drink while considering some port related advice I have been given. I find it helps to digest the wisdom of the sage with a glass or two.

A bit darker and a bit fuller than the previous bottle tasted here, it still looks rather brown at the centre, but nonetheless a perky and complete wine and just the thing to aid cogitations. If you have a stash it's time to be drinking it.
Last edited by LGTrotter on 00:21 Sun 06 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: 1988 Smith Woodehouse Madelena

Post by DRT »

I am pleased to see these being put to the use I had hoped for when they were liberated from my cellar :D
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
CaliforniaBrad
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by CaliforniaBrad »

Being it seems to be the best SQVP of my birth year, glad to see the couple examples I've had are representative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

DRT wrote:I am pleased to see these being put to the use I had hoped for when they were liberated from my cellar :D
Delighted, and if you have anything else clamouring for it's manumission you know where to find me.
CaliforniaBrad wrote:Being it seems to be the best SQVP of my birth year, glad to see the couple examples I've had are representative.
Now you are just trying to make me feel both old and impressed with the amount of port you have drunk in a short time. :lol: But seriously I think this is the only 88 I have ever tried, I suppose there must be others, one day there may be a great colheita. I like the 88s for claret though, very austere and long lasting.