1963 Taylor

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

1963 Taylor

Post by djewesbury »

Lightest of a bunch bought at Adam's in Dublin (if you want to argue about the apostrophisation of that, go ahead and make my day). Irish bottling in brown glass. Opened at my townhouse in the company of DRT.

To begin with, popped and poured, this was hard and woody and very blocky. It was extremely light while pouring but a little darker in the decanter. The first glass was annoying.

It softened considerably over an hour or two but as we reclined and listened to some recent Colombian LP releases DRT noted that it had begun to taste of cigarettes. I couldn't remember the taste of Bensons versus Silk Cut versus Marlboro but I instantly caught his drift.

Not altogether a disappointment, and a good accompaniment to a ripe Chaource, and before that a bread and butter pudding, but I am left hoping that the other bottles show better.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...