I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations, which covered:
- Gravity waves and how they are formed and detected
- The History of the Doggett Badge
- Arsenal FC - glory and despair
- Artificial Intelligence: symbiosis or threat, and
- Primark or H&M, which is the better investment?
Flight 1: Nyetimber Classic Cuvée 2010, Dom Perignon 1996, Nicolas Feuillate 2000
Flight 2: William Fevre Chablis 2013, Craggy Range Sauvignon Blanc 2014 (New Zealand), Samuel Billaud Chablis Grand Cru Les Preuses 2013
Flight 3: Chateau Musar 1983, Chateau Gruaud Larose 1983, Chateau Musar 1982
Flight 4: Dow 1983, Smith Woodhouse1982 LBV, Warre 1983
The food at the Square was as fabulous as ever and the service impeccable.
And finally the company was great. I managed to catch up with Chris in the early afternoon and everything fell into place - approaching event organisation a la CSD is well outside my comfort zone but the evening was a great success.
We didn't do a wine of the night vote but my favourite was the Musar 1983, which was just sublime.