I know there is a big '63 tasting the week before, but I really hope there are some TPF members who are game for Tue 17th.
Potential problem 1: I need to get the bottles out of storage as soon as possible and would ideally like to have these delivered to an attendee whose goodwill is then required for decanting and bringing the bottles to B&F on the day (or earlier if decanting directly before the tasting). Volunteer(s) required (perhaps more than one individual is best so as to make transport easier)
Potential problem 2: On Tuesday I won't be able to get to B&F until approx. 1800 as the conf. ends at 1730. Thus, again I would have to rely on the goodwill of the attendees in terms of setting up, pouring etc.
NOTE: if people would rather meet on Monday 16th April, that is also fine with me. In this case, I am not constrained in terms of time, alleviating the second problem above.
Above issues have been resolved. I will bring the bottles to B&F on Monday evening prior to which I will also decant the younger or truculent ones.
Hoping for some interest and to see you in April!
Updated post with list of attendees:
- MW [food: crab salad, rib-eye medium rare+ béarnaise sauce, possibly sticky toffee pudding]
- JDAW [food: Duck liver paté,gammon with everything]
- IDJ [food: Cheesy Welsh Rarebit, Gammon, with black pudding, chips and heritage carrots but NO egg]
- MPM [food: Cornish crab salad with ciabatta toasts, Rib eye steak (240g aged for 28 days) with hand cut chips RARE, Heritage carrots with coriander and onion seeds]
- AHB [food: special order bone in sirloin steak (or rib-eye if sirloing not available) with bearnaise sauce and a side of green beans. No starter, no dessert.]
- TC [food: Cornish crab, steak medium rare - side order of green beans]
Draft of the placemats.