2003 Bourgueil, Domaine des Ouches, Les Ouches

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

2003 Bourgueil, Domaine des Ouches, Les Ouches

Post by Michael M. »

From the Beaujolais thread:
mosesbotbol wrote:... Not much else in France outside of Loire gives such a value.
Agreed, another pretty underrated region (not only refered to France) and a vast and fascinating cosmos. Yesterday and the day before yesterday we had the following Red.

2003 Bourgueil, Domaine des Ouches, Cuvée Les Ouches.

I purchased some bottles in 2005 and wanted to have an overview of its evolution. Pretty dark, nearly opaque, this wine is pure purple. Smoky Cabernet Franc fruit with a lot of liquorice, rather close otherwise. On the palate tight, dure and closed. On day two it opened a bit more and lost some durability. Surely, this one will not run dry over the years but it will need at last another 5-10 years to blossom out.

Michael
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

That sounds like a good one.

Most wine shops only have a couple Bourgueil's to choose from.
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Michael M. »

In Germany wines from the Loire Valley are not really popular. Therefore the offer is small. I purchased all my wines from the Loire Valley at the Domaines. Same thing for Beaujolais and Rhône Valley.
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port