1965 Graham Malvedos

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: 1965 Malvedos vintage port

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Burnt sienna in colour, 40% opaque. Hollow nose, a little rose hip and raisin. Lovely thick texture, soft and perfumed initial fruit followed by a fierce sweet pepperiness that fades back. The fruit on the palate is delicious, sweet and mature. Gorgeous streak of spearmint on the aftertaste, with a sweet and intense finish of good duration. 91/100.
Last edited by Alex Bridgeman on 23:02 Sun 01 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: 1965 Malvedos vintage port

Post by DRT »

It is now four days since this was opened and I have the last glass in front of me now, which has spent two of those days in the fridge.

The nose is still quite muted, but the texture feels even thicker than it was on Thursday. The mouth is full of deliscious, sweet terciary flavours - beautifully mature with waves of nutty complexity coming through in the mid palate. The reasonably long finish has the warming sensation of an ideal fireside port. Great stuff.

It is particularly gratifying to know that it is not only me who has aged with such refined dignity, grace and elegance since 1965 (cough) :wink:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

1965 Malvedos vintage port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Four days....slacking in your older age? Lol