A very good evening - i must admit i held little hope for the quality of drinking we would experience, but i was proved wrong!
- Sibio 85: plain awful. I am minded to write and warn L&W that they should test a bottle before selling any further!
- Dow 78/79: did Dow's cork problem extend beyond the 77 vintage? Or just we had very bad luck...!
- 58s: both drinking very nicely - even the RO!
- Roeda 70: against the flow, i preferred this to the regular blend.
- Offley Crusted: were crusteds taken more seriously in those days? Or should we be ageing the new release Graham crusteds like this?!
- Borges was also surprisingly drinkable.
Good to meet David and Theresa and hope they get in touch to let us know whenever they come back to town in case a tasting can be arranged.