Something to taste?

Anything to do with Port.
Sten
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Something to taste?

Post by Sten »

Dear Friends,
This terrible Corona year caused that we could not have our usual Christmas dinner drinking two old vintage ports with the Christmas pudding and Stilton cheese. Stefan wrote a memory note on our web-site https://www.vintageport.se/blog/?p=644 about all old vintages we have enjoyed since 2003 when I became 60 years old. I have forgotten some but if your are interested in old vintage port read it!
Corona means that we have started to have Zoom tastings in the family. On the first we enjoyed Croft 1942, Montebello from Douro Wine Shippers 1977 and Q. do Bomfim 2008 and last week-end we made a rare tasting for us with Colheita; Barros 1935 bottled 1979, Constantinos 1935 and Q. do Noval 1937 bottled 1973. Lovely ports indeed. For tasting notes see our web-site www.vintageport.se . We will continue with very old tawny suck as Dow V.V.O. (“very, very old”) and some others!
Something good with Corona which I never had expected!
Sten Ivarsson
Malmö
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Something to taste?

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I am hoping that soon we will be able to meet each other again. I miss being able to share my Port with people I can be in the same room with. Zoom meetings don't quite seem to be the same.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Something to taste?

Post by Axel P »

Dear Sten,

this is a great collection of Port that you and your family has consumed over the years.

You are correct. It is not the same via zoom. Even if we could manage to share samples of the same bottles amongst friends.

So, lets cross fingers for better times to come.

Everyone with a solid (Port) cellar is at least in good shape.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com