forum decorum question

Anything to do with Port.
keytohwy
Cheap Ruby

forum decorum question

Post by keytohwy »

I plan on taking notes on my 1970 Cockburn tonight and sharing with TPF. Should I start a new Cockburn 1970 thread, or add to the existing one? I don't want to step out of bounds here, s I'm new and all :lol:

keytohwy
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: forum decorum question

Post by uncle tom »

Start a new thread in the tasting note section, but check out the note here first:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133

To enable Julian to index the notes correctly, your thread title should read "Cockburn 1970 vintage port"

Other than that, do your own thing, and tell it as you find it - don't feel obligated to produce a Parker style note listing 101 different perceived flavours, or indeed to present a score, unless you want to.

A timeline for the evolution of the wine is always of interest with vintage ports, but again, do your own thing!

[pause for slurp]

- hope your bottle is as nice as this one!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
keytohwy
Cheap Ruby

Post by keytohwy »

uncle tom wrote:Start a new thread in the tasting note section, but check out the note here first:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133

To enable Julian to index the notes correctly, your thread title should read "Cockburn 1970 vintage port"

Other than that, do your own thing, and tell it as you find it - don't feel obligated to produce a Parker style note listing 101 different perceived flavours, or indeed to present a score, unless you want to.

A timeline for the evolution of the wine is always of interest with vintage ports, but again, do your own thing!

[pause for slurp]

- hope your bottle is as nice as this one!

Tom
Thanks for the insight. Yes, I'll tell it like I find it. I never really know how to taste, and report on, pencil shavings or the like. Fun is my first priority!

keytohwy
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

uncle tom wrote:your thread title should read "Cockburn 1970 vintage port"
Wrong. Please start with the year: ‟1970 Cockburn” would suffice, as equally well would ‟1970 Cockburn vintage port”.

Thank you.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Wrong. Please start with the year: ‟1970 Cockburn” would suffice, as equally well would ‟1970 Cockburn vintage port”.
Oops!

[note possible adverse effects of Cockburn 1970 (or 1970 Cockburn) when trying to be helpful... :roll: ]

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill