2009 Palmer White Colheita (bottled 2022)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2009 Palmer White Colheita (bottled 2022)

Post by JacobH »

I appear to have drunk all of my wood-aged Port at home beyond this bottle :shock: So I decided to open it. It was bottled in 2022.

The colour is really beautiful. A golden amber, fading quite a bit to an unexpected touch of green.

The nose is fine: it comes across reasonably dry: gentle varnish and the like. It maybe is a bit more sherry-like than I would like. A touch of spirit, too.

In the mouth, the initial sensation has a mixture of a little sweetness together with some fresh and caramlised oranges. This quickly opens up to a little more assertive acid and a touch of heat. The sensation is probably drier than it is. I feel like there is a decent amount of sugar but that that is well masked. The aftertaste is short-ish but pleasant with, again, another decent hit of oranges at the back of the throat.

This isn’t the oldest or most complex white colheita but is attractively quaffable. Without too much difficulty, I could easily knock back the whole bottle without too much trouble which I am trying not to do, because it is a Wednesday...