Snoring

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
Overtired and emotional
Taylor’s LBV

Snoring

Post by Overtired and emotional »

Since no one has posted any meaningless drivel since Monday, I thought it only right to add a bit before the week is out.

Snoring, and wonder cures for it, is a topic which frequently populates the newspapers. I am a snorer as my family and other users of public transport can testify. It is alleged that my snoring becomes thunderous after supping a good amount of port.

Do other TPFers suffer the indignity of such allegations? I have no means of knowing if port is unfairly targeted as a cause.
It may be drivel, but it's not meaningless.
Simon Lisle
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Simon Lisle »

I do not not snore normally but do so after a large intake of wine or port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I am told by my family that I have been known to snore and that the volume of the snoring seems to be proportionate to the amount of port I have consumed.

I can also testify from personal experience that JDAW snores rather loudly after sharing in 12 bottles of port :?

From pictures already posted here in the past, I suspect that others have had the opportunity to see whether Derek snores after port.

We may also have the ideal chance to conduct an empirical experiment on May 20th at the 1980 tasting. Since most people are staying overnight, we can ensure that have of the people who are staying are served portions of Ribena in their tasting glasses and half are provided with port. We can then count the number of people who snore and those who don't and see whether there is any correlation with port consumption.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

In a bid to keep to meaningless drivel, I am a known snorer. I tell my wife it is my love tunes. She does not believe me, but often replies in kind. Alcohol or not!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I can keep up the 100% record here. I know I snore because I often wake my self up doing so just as I am falling asleep. I also have many bruises caused by Jo's elbows, knees and occassionally fists to prove that this sometimes reaches mildly irritating proportions. The number of bruises I have in the morning is directly proportionate the volume of port consumed the previous evening. :roll:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

I can testify that LadyR is a snorer. She claims that I snore too, but I'm sure that I only snore after serious port consumption.
Overtired and emotional
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Overtired and emotional »

This is a bit worrying even though the replies came as no surprise. Is there something irredeemably selfish about being a port drinker.?Is it properly an enthusiasm for those who live alone, or at least in the east wing of a very large house? This may be territory we do not wish to explore.................
It may be drivel, but it's not meaningless.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I rest easy in the knowledge that my non port drinking partner has some far more infuriating habits than snoring, like right now in using nail polish remover in the living room when I'm trying to do a tasting note on an Offley Boa Vista 1983 :x

I will have my retribution later this evening when the OBV83 has fuelled my nocturnal acoustics :wink: :lol:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn