FA Cup weekend

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

FA Cup weekend

Post by KillerB »

A round of the FA Cup with no replays. Can't think when one as early as the fourth round produced this.

Most interesting results:

Coventry City 2 - Millwall 1

Mifsud scores again - woo hoo

MUFC 3 - Spurs 1

Not surprising but Spurs took the lead and scared the bejeezus out of them when a man and a goal down then One-day Ramos changed things. Annoyingly, the Portuguese river-dancer wrapped it up.

Liverpool 1 - Havant and Woollyville 2

Ok, not for long as Liverpool scored another 4 but the 'nearly in Portsmouth' team were up twice and made the Scousers work very hard leaving Anfield with considerably more Kudos than last year's Champions' League finalists.

Sheffield United 2 - Comedy Club of Great Britain 1

Despite having the best player coming on at half-time (Covvie youth player Sturridge), Man City will best remember this for Balloon-gate. City fans let out a load of light blue balloons which covered the penalty area that they were defending. City keeper Haaaaaaart couldn't be bothered to burst them. Shef U send in a cross, which hits some balloons, confusing their own defender (Ball) who attempts to clear a white balloon whilst a United striker kicks the actual ball into the net - classic comedy.
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

In thought the Douro Diver was pretty poor against Spurs despite racking up another two goals.

The thing that amazed me most during this game is that it now seems to be in the rules that if you are a dirty ugly scouse dwarf you are allowed to shout F*** O** in the refs face as many times as you want with no fear of being show a card. Disgracefull, unsporting and just wrong on every level.

As for Harvard & Woolworth - what a fantastic acheivement it was managing to blag 20 free tickets to Old Trafford :lol: :lol: - but in all seriousness, the boys done good and two of them will have stories to tell the grandkids for decades to come. 88)

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Simon Lisle
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Simon Lisle »

On the pc game football manager as I was struggling along with Darlington in 2000 I bought that player mifsud I beleive he has a brother
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Re: FA Cup weekend

Post by Conky »

KillerB wrote:MUFC 3 - Spurs 1

Not surprising but Spurs took the lead and scared the bejeezus out of them when a man and a goal down then One-day Ramos changed things. Annoyingly, the Portuguese river-dancer wrapped it up.

My favourite Sky Blue ABU!!!!

This could be a bad year for ABU's. Could be another Declared Vintage.
Luc
Graham’s The Tawny

Post by Luc »

A little off topic .
A U.S. sports firm bought Derby County for roughly 100 - 125 million U.S.
What interest is there in a last place team ?
I guess they want to build a contending team to rival Man U. and Arsenal . . .