Cockburn 1957

Anything to do with Port.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: Cockburn 1957

Post by djewesbury »

Justin K wrote:Daniel,

You have some nerve, in 24 hours you are serving a so called Taylor's 1970 with no label dodgy bottle, no provenance etc. shame on you ! Mind you I'm really looking forward to it and my (tom's)dodgy bottle as well. And I know the full story on yours (all will be revealed tomorrow night).
Looking forward to it!
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
CaliforniaBrad
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by CaliforniaBrad »

I think you have all come to a collectively probably accurate opinion of the bottles shown. That said, I would be uncomfortable enough that multiple areas of the wine in question (the odd year, the facsimile label, the matching wax, the bottle itself) that Id likely never purchase it. I'd be happy to drink some and test its authenticity though :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

CaliforniaBrad wrote:I think you have all come to a collectively probably accurate opinion of the bottles shown. That said, I would be uncomfortable enough that multiple areas of the wine in question (the odd year, the facsimile label, the matching wax, the bottle itself) that Id likely never purchase it. I'd be happy to drink some and test its authenticity though :-)
Which is how to pick up bargains. But I do accept that there is a degree of risk.
jdaw1 wrote:I second the excellent opinion in the previous post (hereafter written as “+1”).
I too wish to offer my support to the wise counsel of Alex. Which I shall never express with the tawdry numerical device shown above.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

LGTrotter wrote:I too wish to offer my support to the wise counsel of Alex. Which I shall never express with the tawdry numerical device shown above.
"+1"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...