1984 Cockburns Late bottled Vintage Port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
noopjay
Cruz Ruby

1984 Cockburns Late bottled Vintage Port

Post by noopjay »

Hi there,

I have a bottle of 1984 Cockburns Late bottled Vintage Port in its wooden box.

Would anybody care to estimate its worth and point me in the direction of potential buyers?

Many thanks
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1984 Cockburns Late bottled Vintage Port

Post by jdaw1 »

Its worth is some of, but not all of, £20.

Have you a friend with whom you could share it, or to whom you could give it?
noopjay
Cruz Ruby

Post by noopjay »

Not really. I found a website that suggests it could be closer to £80 - https://www.vintageportgifts.co.uk/acat ... 7732_.html
akzy
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by akzy »

noopjay wrote: 13:39 Fri 05 Jun 2020 Not really. I found a website that suggests it could be closer to £80 - https://www.vintageportgifts.co.uk/acat ... 7732_.html
Hi noopjay! I have no vested interest in this but I agree with JDAW that it would be hard to get more than £20. Sites like the one you mentioned will have such a product listed for years on end in the hope that eventually an unsuspecting buyer will purchase it. You can try that but I don't think you'll be getting rid of it any time soon! As JDAW suggests, it could be a wonderful present for someone if you don't drink Port.

Edit: I found this auction which sold your bottle. Typically on this forum, a quick sale price is typically half that of an auction. You can list at an auction house, but they themselves will take a cut from you, plus whatever shipping you pay to get it there.
hadge
Niepoort LBV

Post by hadge »

what area of the country are you in?
noopjay
Cruz Ruby

Post by noopjay »

I'm near Kingston in Surrey