Port to sell

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Wendals
Cruz Ruby

Port to sell

Post by Wendals »

Hi,

I've recently been given some port and although I do like to drink it, right now I'd rather sell it on. I've no real idea about how it has been stored, other than in a cupboard with lots of other spirits!! All bottles are sealed and from what I can see they look okay. They are with me in Cornwall but I guess there are postage options?

Please see attached picture, I would be grateful of your thoughts and if anyone is interested in buying any

Thanks in advance
Wendy
Port.jpeg
Port.jpeg (201.25 KiB) Viewed 4415 times
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Port to sell

Post by jdaw1 »

Sorry to break the bad news to you, but the fair value of these is probably not much more than the cost of postage. :-( If you were a neighbour, I’d have been mildly interested in two bottles: the ’95 and ’85 LBVs. But not enough to materially exceed the likely cost of postage.

Have you friends or relations to whom you could give these bottles?
Wendals
Cruz Ruby

Post by Wendals »

Okay thanks for the quick response. I'll have to ask around to see if anyone in my family wants Port for Christmas! Or looks like I'll be keeping them and working my way through them slowly, not such a bad thing I guess!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Allow a moment, in case any nearer Cornwall are interested