Beer in the cellar

Other alcoholic drinks, decadent smokes, and hearty eating
benread
Niepoort 1977

Beer in the cellar

Post by benread »

I live in an old pub. The cellar so far has been home only to bottled beer, wine and port. At least that’s the case since we’ve lived here and I suspect since it ceased being a pub in 1936.

Today I had this delivered by a friendly local brewer! It’s now resting until Friday when I shall have my first attempt at tapping a barrel of beer. Hopefully without showering my port bottles in ale!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Beer in the cellar

Post by JacobH »

A progress report is most definitely required!

The problem I find with beer is that if it is not in a bottle or a pub I just get bored too quickly to drink enough of it to avoid having throw out a lot of it. I often think I would like a go at some home brewing but then think I’ll never get through a full batch...
Last edited by JacobH on 23:00 Fri 19 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

The cask was successfully tapped this afternoon. And likewise, there is no chance I will drink the c. 60 pints before it goes off. So I then spent an hour or so filling 4pt plastic milk cartons and delivering them to neighbours!
Ben
-------
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

benread wrote: 22:38 Fri 19 Feb 2021 The cask was successfully tapped this afternoon. And likewise, there is no chance I will drink the c. 60 pints before it goes off. So I then spent an hour or so filling 4pt plastic milk cartons and delivering them to neighbours!
What a wonderful neighbour!
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Doggett wrote:
benread wrote: 22:38 Fri 19 Feb 2021 The cask was successfully tapped this afternoon. And likewise, there is no chance I will drink the c. 60 pints before it goes off. So I then spent an hour or so filling 4pt plastic milk cartons and delivering them to neighbours!
What a wonderful neighbour!
It was share it out or risk drinking myself into oblivion trying to consume 60pints in a week or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ben
-------