Looking for 1982 and 1983

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Jimny14
Cruz Ruby

Looking for 1982 and 1983

Post by Jimny14 »

Hi for sentimental reasons (40th birthdays) I'm looking for a few vintage bottles of port of 1983 and 1982. I'm not particularly concerned regarding producer etc and I'm aware that they are not the most sort after vintages but I thought I'd ask on here if anyone had any laying around unloved that they may want to offload. I'm based in the UK just outside Lancaster.
Will W.
Taylor’s LBV

Re: Looking for 1982 and 1983

Post by Will W. »

Jimmy - I am not in the business of selling port, though you can find some fine 82s and 83s at agreeable prices in the UK. I would suggest that you have a look at winesearcher.com, which you can do without a membership (albeit seeing a smaller selection of retail offers), and give some thought to laying down some less-sought-after labels. For instance, for 1983 you might look to Gould Campbell and Quarles Harris VPs, which a quick glance at winesearcher.com suggests might be had in the UK for a touch over GBP 50/bottle. For 1982, consider Ferriera, Kopke Sao Luiz, Martinez or Ramos Pinto, though these seem (at a glance) to be harder to find in Blighty, at least at a competitive tariff.