Croft and Grahams vintage port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Kevinbellairs
Cruz Ruby

Croft and Grahams vintage port

Post by Kevinbellairs »

Hi.. I have inherited 2 bottles if vintage port from my father's wine collection, I have a 1977 Croft vintage port and a Grahams 1994 vintage port both of which are still corked .. ..I am looking to sell these bottles or get advice regards what would be best to do with them. I have photos which I can share if needed ..
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Re: Croft and Grahams vintage port

Post by SushiNorth »

And where in the world is this port? :)
JoshDrinksPort
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope
Kevinbellairs
Cruz Ruby

Post by Kevinbellairs »

This port is currently laying in Deeping st James nr.peterborough..
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Hi Kevin - welcome to TPF. As a forum of port-lovers, perhaps it is unsurprising that my advice for the "best thing to do with them" would be to drink them! Indeed, if you might like port, or have a friend who does, these are both good ports from decent years, and I would recommend anyone to open and share them.

However, you've mentioned selling, perhaps because you don't like port, so a few words on that. Considering value first, both bottles can be found easily at fine wine retailers, with current prices roughly Croft 1977 @ £70-90, and Graham 1994 @ £60-70. Selling privately, you'd expect to achieve roughly half that, so 35-45 and 30-35, so £65-80 for the pair; you might get slightly more if they're in perfect condition and have been stored well, or less if they have any seepage, low level, colour loss, or capsule/cork issues etc.

BTW if you're selling them, don't say they "are still corked" if what you mean is that they are unopened, as a wine being "corked" is a specific fault which means the wines are undrinkable!
Kevinbellairs
Cruz Ruby

Post by Kevinbellairs »

Good morning, thank you for your feedback which is helpful , iv never been into port which is why I have enquired to there value , they are both in perfect condition with no leakage and have been stored correctly.
It maybe I keep them for future use or hand them along the line to children/grandchildren as one day they maybe worth something and my dad would of wanted ..