Time to start thinking about what to eat on Wednesday 15th. We have the Christmas menu to choose from so please let me know your choice of the following (NB: price will be £55-60 per person, including service, corkage etc.)
- Wild Mushroom soup, chive cream (v)
- Chapel & Swan oak smoked salmon, roasted beetroot and orange
- Duck liver pate, toasted sourdough bread, house pickles
- Roasted pumpkin and candied beetroot, quinoa salad (v)
- Cod loin, lemon and caper herb crust, mash, red wine jus
- British roast turkey with sage and apricot stuffing, pig in blanket
- Salt baked celeriac, roasted leek and sweet potato Wellington, tomato and tamarind sauce (vg)
- Slow braised beef bourguignon, mash, orange gremolata
- Chargrilled Surrey Hills sirloin steak 240g and Bordelaise sauce (£5 supplement)
All mains are served with roast carrots, brussels sprouts, and roast potatoes
- Christmas Pudding with clotted cream or Bailey’s ice cream (v)
- Chocolate brownie, hot chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream (v)
- Chocolate and cherry trifle
- British cheese plate: Tuxford & Tebbutt Stilton (v), Cotswold Brie (v), Westcombe Cheddar, grapes, ale chutney, biscuits
Please let me know your choice by posting below. Your deadline for doing so is close of business on Tuesday 7th December so I can get our order in to Plantation Place a week ahead of our dinner.
Top Ports in 2022: Quinta do Noval Nacional 1931. I have never drunk such a wonderful bottle of Port. I cried with joy.
2023: Fonseca 1966. There are not many better Ports, except a good bottle of Fonseca 1927. Wow!