Grahams Late Bottled Vintage 1984

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
inchmurrin46
Cruz Ruby

Grahams Late Bottled Vintage 1984

Post by inchmurrin46 »

I have a bottle of Graham's Late bottle Vintage 1984 I'd lke to sell. I have no idea of it's value and would welcome the forum's advice. I was given it in 1987 by a supplier in their presentation box, it has been stored in a dark drinks cabinet since then. I am located in the UK in Ayrshire. Attached are some photos of the bottle. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Neck
Neck
neck sized.JPG (84.36 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Case
Case
case sized.JPG (86.12 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Bottle rear
Bottle rear
bottle rear sized.JPG (86.94 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
Attachments
Bottle front
Bottle front
bottle sized.JPG (84.27 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Re: Grahams Late Bottled Vintage 1984

Post by MigSU »

In principle I'd like to have that bottle, as it's my birth year. But in practical terms it'd probably cost as much to send it to Portugal as the wine itself. So I'm afraid I must sit this one out.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Impossible for it to have been given to you in 1987 (3 yrs after harvest) for two reasons. LBV can’t be bottled 3 yrs later and that Selo is not from the late 80’s.

Regardless, it’s basically not worth the time and expense to try and sell such an inexpensive bottle. Suggest you open it for family and friends this holiday season. It will probably throw a bit of sediment so probably best to decant it or pour carefully into glasses.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Hi - and welcome to TPF. I'm afraid the bottle you are looking to sell is only of low value, perhaps £10-20. You might get more from someone for whom it is their birth year, particularly if you wait until 2024 when it would be their 40th birthday, but otherwise if you have any friends who enjoy port I would suggest either opening it with them, or giving to them as a present, perhaps for Xmas.
inchmurrin46
Cruz Ruby

Post by inchmurrin46 »

Thanks for all of the advice I didn't expect a high value given the source.