Port producers and brands

Data, quotations, and other non-conversational posts containing reference materials.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Port producers and brands

Post by jdaw1 »

akzy wrote: 11:07 Thu 23 Dec 2021Augusto https://www.portoaugustos.pt/ (with grapes from Devesa and Estanho). Unsure if they actually blend it themselves)

Osmann (might just be French BoB but kind odd to have one as a colheita? See below)
Added.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

JacobH wrote: 20:37 Thu 23 Dec 2021I’m sure we’ve discussed this before and even emailed the owners to find the answer. There was also a period of time when they spelt it with a circumflex: Eufêmia.
Vendor error? Vendor error copied by jdaw1?

And your memory is good: Eufémia, and variations (unhelpfully scrambled by phpbb’s database restore bug).
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

JacobH wrote: 20:37 Thu 23 Dec 2021The other branch of the family’s website has disappeared at the end of 2019 but seemed to spell like Casa Santa Eufémia was always spelt with an accent according to what is preserved on archive.org.
Even by my standards that was a remarkably error-strewn post. Sorry about that. I was trying to say that Casa Santa Eufémia always seems to have used the accent.
jdaw1 wrote: 21:30 Thu 23 Dec 2021And your memory is good: Eufémia, and variations (unhelpfully scrambled by phpbb’s database restore bug).
The scrambling is particularly unfortunate in the context of this issue!

Another shipper: Gilbert’s. I didn’t know about them until I bought a bottle of the 1985 from VW&P which we drunk this Christmas. I notice that VintagePort.se gives quite an extensive history back to 1914, with an alternative name of “G Port” from 1999 onwards. It’s apparently another Sogevinus brand now. Something that interested me, though, is that the bottle had an unbranded cork, just reading “Vintage 1985”, and the stencilling on the bottle matched some of the more recent Barros Vintages (e.g. the 2011). I wonder if this was actually bottled in 1985 as a “Gilbert’s” or Sogevinus have revived an old brand name for some dead stock.
Mike J. W.
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Mike J. W. »

Prime's Port. I've seen the 2011 in a few stores here in the U.S. (but never bought it). Produced by Caves Messias.