Hi - I Like Port

Come and say hello.
whoosh
Cruz Ruby

Hi - I Like Port

Post by whoosh »

Hi,
New here, I'm a bit like the guy that says I don't know much about art but, I know what I like.
I know a bit about port and I do know what I like (and what I don't like)
I have about 20 bottles of various LBV, Tawny, Unfiltered, Reserve and when asked what I'd like for presents it's - Port
I like to replace one when one is used
Hoping to find some bargains on here
I'm in North East England
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: Hi - I Like Port

Post by Doggett »

Welcome. A love of Port is all you need. Bargains wise, if you have a Morrisons near you the Graham’s 2015 LBV is back to £9 at the moment and very fine Port. My store had moved to 2017 but is back to 2015’s at the offer price. Hope to meet you at a tasting one day, but these tend to be in London. Spread the Northern love for Port and we can visit for some tastings there too! All the best,
Simon
nac
Fonseca 1980

Post by nac »

Keep an eye on the “Port for sale by retailers”. Often has pointers to bargains to be had.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Thank you for joining us here ‘Whoosh’.

Having checked offline I can declare that I know Whoosh and directed him here. We’re yet to share a glass of port together, unless he was fortunate to be around when I opened the odd Dow 1960 back in the early to mid 1990s when we shared a house for a few years!

If you can ever find a spare evening in London, do let me know privately or simply declare your intent on the forum.

Hope to see you at some stage. It’s been a while!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
whoosh
Cruz Ruby

Post by whoosh »

Cheers Ben
Jim
whoosh
Cruz Ruby

Post by whoosh »

Doggett wrote: 18:01 Thu 27 Jan 2022 Welcome. A love of Port is all you need. Bargains wise, if you have a Morrisons near you the Graham’s 2015 LBV is back to £9 at the moment and very fine Port. My store had moved to 2017 but is back to 2015’s at the offer price. Hope to meet you at a tasting one day, but these tend to be in London. Spread the Northern love for Port and we can visit for some tastings there too! All the best,
Simon
Funny enough, did a Morrisons online for delivery order with a bottle of 2015 in - a 2017 bottle came instead !
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello whoosh.
whoosh wrote: 16:46 Thu 27 Jan 2022I have about 20 bottles of various LBV, Tawny, Unfiltered, Reserve
Please say more: what do you have?
whoosh wrote: 16:46 Thu 27 Jan 2022when asked what I'd like for presents it's - Port
Give them guidance. The guidance helps them, and helps you.