Mail Boxes Etc

Anything to do with Port.
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Mail Boxes Etc

Post by MigSU »

Just an FYI for all of you that use Mail Boxes Etc to send wines back to your respective countries: I've just received an email from Nuno Cadilhe saying that he's leaving the company to start a personal project that is incompatible with working for MBE. Since he's always been our point of contact with that company, I thought it'd be useful to let you know that he'll be leaving this month.

He advises that from now on we use the email address MBE2934@mbeportugal.pt for general inquiries, and ask for Eliana or Liliana. He also advises us to contact Bernardo Millan at bmillan@mbeportugal.pt if the subject matter is invoices or some other important (mostly financial) matter.

Since I know a lot of use have used MBE's services over the years and Nuno was the point of contact, I thought this could be pertinent information.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Mail Boxes Etc

Post by Glenn E. »

Bummer! I just sent him an email this afternoon regarding a group purchase that I'm setting up. Hopefully he'll respond tomorrow.
Glenn Elliott
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Post by SushiNorth »

Wait, this is a thing? It was possible to coordinate directly with the folks in Portugal and have the wines imported to the US?
JoshDrinksPort
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope
SLT
Cheap Ruby

Post by SLT »

Yes, we brought in a large number of cases in the Fall. MBE handled the collection of the wines from producers, packaging, shipping, delivery to Glenn’s door Seattle, and all of the required paperwork. A group of us consolidated our orders into a single shipment, and were very happy with the service.

One very important caveat is that these are for personal consumption only. If you were importing for resale that’s an entirely different ballgame.
SLT
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

SushiNorth wrote: 18:55 Fri 25 Mar 2022 Wait, this is a thing? It was possible to coordinate directly with the folks in Portugal and have the wines imported to the US?
What wine? I've only ever shipped organic natural purple dyes to friends in the US.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.