NV Quevedo White 30YO

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

NV Quevedo White 30YO

Post by rich_n »

A kind donation of the remains of a bottle from from Oscar at the BFT who was flying back the next morning and wouldn't be taking it with him. It was lovely to get time to chat with him about his wines at the event, and all of the wines Quevedo had brought were showing well (including the 2017 LBV which is a stupendous fruit bomb!)

Reopening this less than a week after the BFT with my father, we were both very taken with the nose immediately, however the palate was a little dumb. This was my fault for not allowing it to warm up before sampling, about 10 minutes later the honeyed notes dominating the nose were finding their way through in the palate. This is a really gorgeous wine with citrus acidity in the form of tangerines and candied peel balancing out the heather honey. My father finds dark muscovado sugar; he's not wrong. A previous tasting note from George suggested an antiseptic herbaceous element which I'm finding here; it's not at all unpleasant! Late in the finish there's a buttery nuttiness that lingers.

I'm very impressed with this, and would drink it at any opportunity.