selling vintage ports

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
Ei Supremo
Cruz Ruby

selling vintage ports

Post by Ei Supremo »

To all members

Back in October, 2017, I posted a list of vintage port wines I have been trying to sell with no success. I am now walking on this earth in my 87th year, having completed 86 years (how lucky can you be?). I love port wine but do not want to take these with me and can no longer drink any alcohol (per Doctor).

If you will review my original 2017 post, you will see the list of the bottles I still possess and which I would dearly love to sell

Please let me know if any member is interested in making an offer, "as/is-where/is". While I do not expect retail offers, I do expect a reasonable offer. Feel free to have a Tucson rep inspect the lot , subject to first receiving a reasonable, and accepted offer.

Kindest

Bob Fleming
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: selling vintage ports

Post by jdaw1 »

Ei Supremo wrote: 18:37 Thu 26 Oct 2017I have the following rare bottles of Port for sale since I am now 81 and not allowed to drink anymore:

1. Offley 1980 "Boa Vista"
2. Cockburn's 1963 "Vintage Port"
3. Graham's 1976 "Malvedos Vintage Porto"
4. Dow's 1977 "Silver Jubilee Vintage Porto"
5. Niepoorto 1952 "Port" - decanted 1974
6. Deleforce 1975 "Finest Vintage Port"
7. Delaforce 1977 "Vintage Port"
8. Delaforce 1978 "Quinta Da Corte Bottled1980"
9. Delaforce 1978 "Quinta Da Corte Bottled 1980
As posted to Rare Port for sale.
Ei Supremo wrote: 22:31 Thu 26 Oct 2017The bottles of Port and myself are in Tucson, Arizona.
Much as I love drinking Port, Tucson, Arizona is somewhat remote to my south-London abode.

I have pinged two of the American members (one from each coast), drawing attention to this post.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

Hi Bob,

I am not in the market for any of those Ports - though I must admit that the 1952 Niepoort Garrafeira is tempting! - so unfortunately I will not be your buyer. That said, have you tried other websites? I'm thinking specifically of fortheloveofport.com which has members all across the US. I have no idea if any of them would be interested, but I would think that it is at least worth a shot.

If you post in the Port & Madeira Marketplace I will make sure that the posting is approved for you. (You will need to create an account if you don't already have one, and FTLOP requires the use of real names rather than handles.)
Glenn Elliott
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Post by SushiNorth »

Glenn E. wrote: 22:46 Thu 02 Jun 2022 If you post in the Port & Madeira Marketplace I will make sure that the posting is approved for you. (You will need to create an account if you don't already have one, and FTLOP requires the use of real names rather than handles.)
I second Glenn's suggestion, as FTLOP has a larger group of west-coasters, which will likely make transportation/etc more appealing.
JoshDrinksPort
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Posted on FTLOP on Bob's behalf.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Anything left? I know someone in AZ who might be interested in the remainder.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

mosesbotbol wrote: 20:06 Tue 05 Jul 2022 Anything left? I know someone in AZ who might be interested in the remainder.
Unless they did so privately and did not post here to say they'd done so, as far as I know no one has contacted Bob about these Ports. (Either from here or from FTLOP.)
Glenn Elliott