Hello port lovers!

Come and say hello.
BRPetrie
Fonseca Bin 27

Hello port lovers!

Post by BRPetrie »

Hello everyone :)

No-one is more obsessed with port than me.
I emailed Alex earlier in the year expressing this, and about joining the forum. and now here I am!I have worked in the wine trade for three years, mostly as a student, there nurturing an obsessive love of port, putting away a lot of money to buying up as many affordable-ish old vintages as possible. I have now installed myself in London - armed with a portable wine rack and a corkscrew - and am really excited to have people to share port with through here!

In May this year, I took off on a solo trip to Porto and visited over ten lodges and a couple of quintas around Pinhao - it was magical. I managed to squeeze 5 bottles into my little gentleman's travel bag many of which came from Garrafeira do Carmo - in my opinion the best wine shop in Porto for weird old stuff. If you want more of an idea of my all-consuming passion for port, you can catch an odd but fun video of me on the St Andrews Wine Company Youtube channel getting all emotional over a Gould Campbell 1963! I also run a Instagram account - The Bishop of Norwich - where I post about whatever I'm drinking port-wise and try to engender a little discussion!

Long story short, I am very keen to come to along to any and every tasting that might be going on, and share your love for the wine! I also have a modest collection which is no better placed than to be shared with other port lovers.

Best and hope to meet everyone soon,
Ben Petrie :)
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: Hello port lovers!

Post by Doggett »

Welcome Ben… you are going to fit right in! 😀 Sign yourself up for a tasting a continue down the rabbit hole!
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Delighted to see you sign up Ben and I look forward to meeting you at some point soon.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I’ve just watched Ben’s video about the Gould Campbell 1963 and have been thoroughly entertained - thank you for pointing me towards it Ben.

To make life easier for others who might want to watch it, you can find it here.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Mike J. W.
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Mike J. W. »

Alex Bridgeman wrote: 19:04 Wed 28 Sep 2022 I’ve just watched Ben’s video about the Gould Campbell 1963 and have been thoroughly entertained - thank you for pointing me towards it Ben.

To make life easier for others who might want to watch it, you can find it here.
I have to whole-heartedly agree with Alex, that was an incredible video. Thanks Ben and thank you Alex for pointing us to it.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Welcome Ben. Fun video. '63 GC is an uncommon bottle today from a great name. Not sure I've ever had that one.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?