nac
Fonseca 1980

Graham's Bicentenary Collection

Post by nac »

Doggett
Morgan 1991

Re: Graham's Bicentenary Collection

Post by Doggett »

If only… amazing wines and bespoke packaging… just £24,975.00 out of my league! 😀
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by MigSU »

I was going to sell my house and buy a few of those, but then thought: "Where will I put them?", so I gave up on the whole idea.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

That cabinet better be made out of solid gold! Because otherwise that's about a 10x markup on the value of the Ports.
Glenn Elliott
Mike J. W.
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Mike J. W. »

I'm sorry, but that's obscene pricing. Very disappointing to see that.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Keep in mind, there is a lot of extremely wealthy people who have the money and space in their mansion for just such a thing.

It is a beautiful piece of furniture and I wouldn’t mind having one. Unfortunately, my budget will have to decline such thoughts.
nac
Fonseca 1980

Post by nac »

Andy Velebil wrote: 15:52 Sun 30 Oct 2022 It is a beautiful piece of furniture and I wouldn’t mind having one. Unfortunately, my budget will have to decline such thoughts.
Agree with Andy - it's a beautiful piece of furniture. But don't have space for it or a spare £25k.

Some years ago (2006) David Linley produced some bespoke cabinets to house a significant vertical of d'Yquem that AWC were selling. These look like extremely good value in comparison.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

nac wrote: 18:16 Sun 30 Oct 2022Some years ago (2006) David Linley produced some bespoke cabinets to house a significant vertical of d'Yquem that AWC were selling. These look like extremely good value in comparison.
I was rather surprised to see that he puts prices on his website. At £140,000 the “Simple Pleasures” drinks cabinet seems curiously named and, as you say, makes the Wewood range (who are the designers who made this Graham’s cabinet) sound like a bargain at less than £7,500 per piece of furniture!
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by MigSU »

"Simple Pleasures" :o
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

I’m mostly confused as to why someone might spend £140K on a drinks cabinet and then fill it it with what appear to be 3 bottles of Penfolds Bin 28; 5 bottles of another Penfolds wine; 2 bottles of Grey Goose; and singles of Nolly Prat, Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire; Cointreau; and that Scotch that has the pewter stag’s head on it...
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

JacobH wrote:I’m mostly confused as to why someone might spend £140K on a drinks cabinet and then fill it it with what appear to be 3 bottles of Penfolds Bin 28; 5 bottles of another Penfolds wine; 2 bottles of Grey Goose; and singles of Nolly Prat, Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire; Cointreau; and that Scotch that has the pewter stag’s head on it...
Don’t ever apply common sense when it comes to very wealthy people. Just saying…
nac
Fonseca 1980

Post by nac »

...and remember that £140k "does not include glassware". You do however get a corkscrew and some tiny swords to murder olives with.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

nac wrote:...and remember that £140k "does not include glassware". You do however get a corkscrew and some tiny swords to murder olives with.
No glassware? That’s it, cancel my order. Hah!
nac
Fonseca 1980

Post by nac »

Andy Velebil wrote: 22:43 Sun 30 Oct 2022
nac wrote:...and remember that £140k "does not include glassware". You do however get a corkscrew and some tiny swords to murder olives with.
No glassware? That’s it, cancel my order. Hah!
Exactly my reaction.

Luckily that means I now don't have to decide between zebrano and mango. Was really struggling with that one.
Doggett
Morgan 1991

Post by Doggett »

nac wrote: 22:50 Sun 30 Oct 2022
Exactly my reaction.

Luckily that means I now don't have to decide between zebrano and mango. Was really struggling with that one.
I was leaning towards the Zebrano as it seemed to be full w :990066: nker “look at my drinks cabinet…it was an obscene amount of £££!!!”, I think it also works slightly better with the contrast of brass feet and fittings.