Los Angeles / O.C. #PortDay Event - Jan 27th

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Los Angeles / O.C. #PortDay Event - Jan 27th

Post by Andy Velebil »

Marc J. and I are teaming up to host a Port Day here in Los Angeles. We will be hosting it at my house east of Downtown (Near the 605/5 interchange).

THEME / WHAT TO BRING:
Bring a bottle of any Port to share with the group. However the Port must come from the Douro region of Portugal. If you're not sure email me and I'll help you out. Also, if you could bring a small appetizer or snack you think will pair well with Port would be great. We really want this to be an event for people to get to try a large variety of different types of Ports and from different ages. So if you have any questions on what to bring, need a suggestion, whatever, please get a hold of Marc or I and we'll help you find something.

DATE and TIME:
January 27, 2012 start time is 7pm (a little earlier or later is ok too, as I know Friday traffic can be an issue)

Andy Velebil's house (please email andy at fortheloveofport dot com or let me know in this thread if you're coming and I'll send you my exact address, but it's near the 605/5 interchange).

OTHER:
I've got Port glasses so no need to bring any, unless that is you want to bring your own favorite stem to use.
If you want to know more about #Portday, check out this link http://www.fortheloveofport.com/trade-n ... l-port-day

Disclaimer: please drink responsibly and remember drinking too much and driving is very bad.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Los Angeles / O.C. #PortDay Event - Jan 27th

Post by jdaw1 »

You probably won’t want placemats. But you might want stickies, as were used at the Bell (review thread, ‘Placemats’, meaning stickers and tasting-note sheets). If you do let me know.

You probably don’t have access to A4 sheets of containing 5 columns and 13 rows of sticky labels. Buy the nearest equivalent, and let me know what they are (ask me and I’ll tell you what needs to be measured).