The Port Media's TN Scores.

Anything to do with Port.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

The Port Media's TN Scores.

Post by Conky »

I came across a list of Port Scores here. It got me thinking, does anyone know of a similar, definite and trustworthy list? I'd be interested in having a look.
This particular one again highlights how the scoring system has its limitations, and they all get bunched up.

Alan
Alex Bridgeman
Fonseca 1966

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

There are as many lists as there are reviewers. I think you can sort Roy's list by score, you can certainly sort Wine Spectator's list by score, probably eRobertParker also has scores.

I know we're fighting a losing battle here, but don't get hung up on scores. Go by the narrative and the palates of people you trust.

And don't trust anyone. If you did then you would never have tried the Cruz 1989...
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I understand the concern with taking 'Professional' TN scores too seriously. I personally always look for someone I think seems to score similar to what I think.
I appreciate how its my opinion that is paramount. I would, however, still like a list of the scores. Just to see yet more opinions. I like reading your lot's Tasting Notes. I know bottles can vary, even when in the same case, and it's just not a definitive science.
But if everyone, all the experts, all you lot, even others I've no reason to trust, all say a certain bottle which I can afford is marvelous, I'll be encouraged to take a punt.

Alan