The Story of the Tiles

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

The Story of the Tiles

Post by DRT »

OK, the straw has broken the camels back with Alan's latest criticism and I will finally have to explain "The Tiles" :x

Jo and I moved into our current home in November 2001. Not even 6 years ago. As is normal in such a situation we prioritised the decorating schedule in a way that would provide us with a comfortable environment in which to live in the shortest possible time and at reasonable expense. The kitchen was not high up the priority list and received a coat of paint on the ageing cupboards and new worktops.

Time past and finally, in around the summer of 2005, the kitchen reached the top of the refurbishment schedule. New cupboards and appliances were procured and placed in the garage. In the short time that has passed, only just 24 months, I have slaved away with my normal enthusiasm and dedication to such things and have so far replaced around 40% of the kitchen cupboards. Whilst I admit that progress has been slower than expected there are mitigating circumstances such as watching TV, drinking port and posting on TPF.

Unfortunatley, this means that I have not yet gotten round to replacing the tiles that were chosen by someone else and, quite frankly, are not my responsibility.

:P

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

:lol: :lol: :lol: