- Review of the evening as a whole;
- Dow 1958;
- Dow 1963;
- Dow 1966;
- Dow 1970;
- Dow 1972;
- Dow 1977;
- Dow 1980;
- Dow 1983;
- Dow 1985;
- Dow 1991;
- Sandeman 1982 (a late addition, replacing a Dow 1994, a Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira 2006, and a Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira 2008);
- Planning and arrangements.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Part of a vertical of Dow, and two bottles of Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira, on Tuesday 7th September 2010, at The Crusting Pipe. Links:
Deep red, almost identical in colour to the '70, with a centre that is just transparent. Nose a little closed, faintly showing cherries. Sweet and fruity impact, bringing lovely flavours to the mouth. Full bodied and delicious. Gorgeous aftertaste, big and mouthfilling - huge. Long and gentle finish, dominated by gentle cherry and dry cherry stones. 91/100. Drunk 7 September 2010 and my wine of the night.
- Axel P
- Niepoort 1977
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 08:09 Wed 12 Sep 2007
- Location: Langenfeld, near Cologne, Germany
Totally agree to Alex TN, though I rated it a bit higher. My WOTN and since this happened with quite some 66 I think it is time to have a 66 tasting next year.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest