- Review of the evening as a whole;
- Santelmo White;
- Santelmo Tawny;
- Santelmo 10Y;
- Cruz White;
- Sao Pedro das Aguias 10Y;
- Rozès Reserve;
- Quinta do Passadouro 1995;
- Quinta do Passadouro 1994;
- Niepoort 1994;
- Feist 1967 colheita bottled 1983;
- Fonseca 1985;
- Dow 1965 colheita bottled 1976;
- Planning and arrangements.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pd94: dark red, 70% opaque. Node has beef! Closed, and also quietly expressing plums. Full weight with lots of structure. Strawberry, and a sweetness with a hint of artificiality. Drink â‰¥2014.
- Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962
- Posts: 11686
- Joined: 13:41 Mon 25 Jun 2007
- Location: Berkshire, UK
Firm red colour, slightly less evolved looking than the 1995 served alongside. VA on the nose, little else. Sweet entry, nice balance. The fruit is subdued and the tannins are firm and grippy. This is slightly hot on the palate, and the fruit remains subdued. Big aftertaste, big finish dominated by bitter coffee and floral blackcurrant cordial. Very pleasant. 85/100.