Hatton v Mayweather

Talk about anything but keep it polite and reasonably clean.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Hatton v Mayweather

Post by Conky »

I've ordered the Boxing from Sky for the Hatton v Mayweather Championship bout.
A few friends will come around after an interupted sleep, for the commencement of the fight, scheduled for around 4am, Sunday morning.
I've enjoyed the hype, and although my head says Mayweather, my heart says Hatton, and in all reality, who knows!
It's said that the american boxing fight fan is feeling the same way, with Mayweathers bragging arrogance alienating many.

If anyone is passing at that time (Like you often do!) pop in. Food and drink supplied, but at that unearthly hour, I worry it may go down like this...

ImageAlanImage
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I'm planning on watching it too but not sure I'll stay awake. I think Hatton will do it.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Simon Lisle
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Simon Lisle »

I think it's to close to call merryweather is a better boxer but can Hatton upset his style by steamrollering him
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

So that was that!

Exciting first few rounds, but Mayweather was clearly the better boxer. Fast hands and evidently more comfortable at the weight. Hatton didn't disgrace himself, but was fairly beaten.

At least I stayed awake.

Alan
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Conky wrote: At least I stayed awake.
So did I :shock: :lol: :lol:

I think it was obvious from early on that it wasn't going to be Hatton's night, especially with the referee feeling the need to involve himself in the action more than was necessary.

Mayweather was obviously the better boxer and a deserving winner but Hatton showed great spirit throughout and good humour and respect for his opponent in defeat.

If only those idiots hadn't booed the US national anthem it really would have been a night to proud of for British sport :roll:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn