Essenca do vinho

Anything to do with Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Essenca do vinho

Post by Axel P »

Dudes,

will anyone of tpf.com attend the essencia do vinho in Porto next week? It is one of the biggest wine fairs in Portugal and there will be a lot of producers there.

If I am the only one I will tell you how it went.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Axel,

I am envious of your Port involvement. Are you new to this and laying down great connections for the future, to assist your business, or have you been doing this a while, and know most of the people you expect to meet?

Alan
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Hey Alan,

I am kind of new to the trade, but a port enthusiast for quiete some time.

I stayed close to Peterborough for some month and was introduced to the british club scene by an officer of the RAF. That was the time when I started drinking Port.

Although Im buying and selling Port for a while (hopefully no one of the German Steueramt is reading this), Im an official Port dealer since 2006.

Concerning these meetings I know a lot of guys already, but since I expect not too many non-portugese participants over there it cant hurt to meet new guys and new products up there (such as the pink port).

It is very exciting to get to know the people, the land and the production facilities in Portugal. If you ever need anything, let me know. On the other hand: old VPs are better bought in the UK, because you guys kind of collected them all in the past :wink: .

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com