1983 Cockburn

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1983 Cockburn

Post by jdaw1 »

Ck83.
[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=66926#p66926]Here[/url] idj123 wrote:Houston, we have a problem! Just tried to open and decant the G70 before going into work and no purchase-the seal seemed intact but the cork's obviously dropped into the wine. Bit of bottle stink and so I'm taking no chances and switching to a Ck70, if that's ok-although not much time to stand it beforehand? Appreciate that this will likely mess up the placemats-sorry!

Ian
So the juice that was in the Dalva bottle, and that was on the Graham circle, was actually Cockburn. How could that be confusing?

Also, amazingly, not corked. Though I failed to note anything more than that. :oops:
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Deep brown, 40%. Sharp nose. Very bitter. I did not like.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Red-brown at the core, 70% opaque. Limited showing on the nose, a little rhubarb sweetened with brown sugar. Cleaner entry, quite high acidity bringing elegant mid-palate fruit that fills the mouth. Lots of dry tanning bringing a nice structure. Lively and fragrant on the mid-palate, lovely cedarwood sawdust mixed in with the soft and sweet fruit. The aftertaste is of sweet fruit, long and lingering. Mace and cloves show on the aftertaste before a long finish of great length. 87/100.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.