New York City, between Feb 25 and Mar 1, 2009

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

New York City, between Feb 25 and Mar 1, 2009

Post by Glenn E. »

Gents,

As I mentioned at the Old & Odd on November 7th, 2008, my wife is quite good at crossword puzzles. So good that she goes to the National Crossword Puzzle Tournament which is held in NYC (and which was the subject of the movie Wordplay).

Next year the tournament will be held from Friday, February 27th through Sunday, March 1st. She plans to travel on Wednesday, February 25th and I'll be coming with her to see a couple of shows. I'd love to set up another Port tasting for that weekend as well!

Any of Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday nights would work. Saturday night is the Crossword Puzzle tournament, so I'll want to be there for that. And we'll be flying home on Sunday, so that's right out.

I'm open to suggestions on a theme...
Glenn Elliott
jfacciol
Taylor’s LBV

Re: New York City, between Feb 25 and Mar 1, 2009

Post by jfacciol »

Glenn, we currently have three proposed tastings on the board. Do any of them interest you?
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: New York City, between Feb 25 and Mar 1, 2009

Post by Glenn E. »

Any of them would work, though since I'm partial to tawnies the Niepoort vertical (with Colheitas included) might be best.

I would probably have to adopt, though. Sadly, my cellar currently contains nothing from Dirk's house.
Glenn Elliott