Possible down south port tasting: Late May

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Possible down south port tasting: Late May

Post by g-man »

I shall be travelling through St. louis/Kansas City and heading across BBQ country to either Nashville or Memphis or both.

If there are any port lovers around these areas, would love to share a glass or two.

Plans are still being finalized with the wife.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Possible down south port tasting: Late May

Post by Glenn E. »

Mandatory BBQ stop in KC: Fiorella's Jack Stack. I have eaten at 3 of the 4 locations (I've never been to the Overland Park location) and they're all awesome. I think it's the best BBQ in Kansas City, and I've eaten at most of them since that's where my folks live.
Glenn Elliott
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Glenn E. wrote:I think it's the best BBQ in Kansas City, and I've eaten at most of them since that's where my folks live.
g-man, don't you think it's about time Glenn visited his folks :wink:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

I thoguht he was from nebraska??
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

I grew up in Nebraska from about 6 years old until about 18 years old. My grandparents and parents are all from the area around Kansas City, and my parents now live there again. I was actually born in Independence, MO (which is just outside of Kansas City), but have only vague memories of anywhere other than Nebraska.

So when I go back to visit my folks, it is the Kansas City area even though my formative years were all spent in Nebraska.

BTW - you can tell where someone is from in Missouri based on how they pronouce the name of the state. Within about 50 miles of Kansas City it is pronounced the way the rest of the nation (and presumably the rest of the world) pronounces it. The rest of the state pronouces it as if it ends in the letter 'a' instead of the 'i'.
Glenn Elliott
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Glenn E. wrote:I grew up in Nebraska from about 6 years old until about 18 years old. My grandparents and parents are all from the area around Kansas City, and my parents now live there again. I was actually born in Independence, MO (which is just outside of Kansas City), but have only vague memories of anywhere other than Nebraska.

So when I go back to visit my folks, it is the Kansas City area even though my formative years were all spent in Nebraska.

BTW - you can tell where someone is from in Missouri based on how they pronouce the name of the state. Within about 50 miles of Kansas City it is pronounced the way the rest of the nation (and presumably the rest of the world) pronounces it. The rest of the state pronouces it as if it ends in the letter 'a' instead of the 'i'.
how bout Mississippi? hehe Mississippa ... =P
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

There isn’t a Portuguese consulate in that part of the country one line of enquiry that you shan’t be trying.