1980 Hutcheson

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

1980 Hutcheson

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=14840#14840]Here[/url] Derek T. wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:It is my duty to report a major breach of :tpf: protocol. Traditionally, when a TPFer is to catch a plane, one starts at Uncle Tom’s, drinks too much, and wakes too late. Sinfully I managed only a few glasses of Mz97, and, some twelve hours before my flight I’m awake. Hopefully you will find it in your hearts to forgive me.
Only if you run down the street and pick up a Hutcheson 1980 to bring as a demonstration of your remorse.
So I did, and it was slipped in as a bonus bottle, the identity of which was known to only AHB and me.

Decanter #13, unlucky for some, and a cloudy pale orange. Smell of candyfloss sugar, and something sour, or maybe bottle stink. To taste I wrote only ‟bad”. Correctly guessed by me, even though that was not quite fair to anybody else.

Far worse than my previous bottle of H80, though sufficiently similar to be identifiable.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=15066#15066][b]Here[/b][/url] AHB wrote:
Hutcheson 1980
Pale colour and cloudy complexion, this would be transparent and the colour of barley sugar if it wasn't so cloudy. Nosing strongly of VA, with stewed meats, vanilla and oranges. Brown sugar impact in the mouth, with lots of different brown and burnt sugar flavours but with a lovely streak of oranges in the mid-palate. The alcohol is not well integrated, but doesn't spoil the enjoyment. Pleasant tingling aftertaste of decent length with a nice aniseed tone. 83/100.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

My note:

Horribly pale, no idea what is was but definitely unworthy of the title 'vintage'

Avoid.

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill